What is the PlumpyField® Network?
The PlumpyField® network was estabilished in 2005 by the initiation of Nutriset. The PlumpyField® network brings together manufacturers who produces Ready-to-Use Therapeutic Food based on Plumpy® range of products, which are RUTF & RUSF developed by Nutriset for the treatment of acute malnutrition. Hilina Enriched Food PLC is a member of Nutriset’s PlumpyField® Network since 2006, a PlumpyField® network of partners striving to increase access to new nutrition solutions for vulnerable populations.
List of Plumpyfield® partners
Initiated and coordinated by Nutriset, the PlumpyField® network includes private sector partners as well as non-profit organizations, located in:
- Burkina Faso – InnoFaso
- Ethiopia – Hilina Enriched Food Processing, PLC
- Guinea – Nutriguinée
- Haiti – Meds and Foods for Kids (MFK) (non-profit)
- India – Nutrivita Foods
- India – Hexagon Nutrition
- Niger – Société de Transformation Alimentaire (STA)
- Nigeria – Dansa Foods Limited and NutriK
- Madagascar – Tanjaka Food
- Sudan – Samil Industrial
- United States – Edesia (non-profit)
Why the PlumpyField® Network?
Because nearly 195 million children around the world suffer from malnutrition. Nutriset launched an innovative initiative to contribute to nutritional autonomy for all
The ability of a state, community or an individual to identify and procure, via sustainable systems, the nutrients needed by young children or other population groups at-risk for malnutrition.
The core of the network focuses on common values:
- Sharing know-how, technology, and research initiatives
- Mutual assistance through continuous dialogue between the members of the network
- Sustainability by following the principles of sustainable development and the careful monitoring of financial stability
- Quality and compliance with international standards
Functioning as a network
- Enables members to react more rapidly to nutritional emergencies
- Facilitates work on chronic malnutrition in non-emergency periods
- Boosts local economies, including activities associated with the production of raw materials
- Favors the inclusion of ready-to-use food products in national food strategies