Food safety and quality thinking in our business units is critical for our business success. We strive to regularly update and maintain food safety management system in our premises, because we realize that business and risk are inseparable. We proactively identify, assess and manage risks that have the most potential to impact our business. Under this assumption, quality is built in to the very fiber of the organization.
We are driven to meet the needs of our customers. Our customers expect the best from HILINA, and each of our team ensures that our individual decisions and actions contribute to a positive perception of the company, enhance our customers’ satisfaction and promote their loyalty.
To do so, we regularly put ourselves through frequent customers and third party inspections. Third party audit on Food Safety Management System is performed every year and certified for ISO 22000:2018. Second party audit is conducted on a regular basis by our valuable customers (E.g. UNICEF, WFP, MSF) to verify the capability of our company to deliver high quality and safe product based on mutually agreed requirements. As a result, Hilina Enriched Foods PLC (HEF) has been approved as supplier and has been supplying of Ready to Use Therapeutic Foods (RUTF) and Ready to Use Supplementary Foods (RUSF) since 2007 G.C. In addition, HEF is approved by Ethiopian Food and Drug Authority (EFDA) for its Good Manufacturing Practices set by the authority. This is possible due to our unfailing commitment to safety and quality, the guiding principles of the HEF’s Production system and continuous improvement.
In effect, copious achievements have been recorded and among which good business reputation is our remarkable one. This good company reputation opens the door to opportunity and provides unhindered access to our ideal client base.
As part of continual improvement, HEF has been striving to make Operational Excellence its day to day culture and minimize all types of wastes within the organization. Moreover, Implementation of Environmental Management System based on ISO 14001:2015 is also project we have at hand to respond to compliance obligations related to our company. Lastly, R & D engagement such as diversification of products (extruded products, peanut based products, egg based products, etc) is also one of the pillars of R & D activities going on in HEF.
Our continued success depends on varieties of approaches we established within our system which exceeds the expectations of our customers and stands behind everything we do. We manage and trace our products starting from supplier’s record, ingredient mixing and monitoring to final production & delivery. The Forth and backward traceability on every production steps is what makes our quality and production system dependable and reliable.
FOOD SAFETY POLICY
Hilina Enriched Foods is committed to provide safe and quality therapeutic and nutritious foods mainly RUTF and RUSF to its customers with due diligence to the protection of the environment.
It is our policy to assure food safety and environmental protections in our process and facilities at all time and place.
Loving and caring for a child being in every one soul, so is our commitment to produce and supply safe foods for the children and the public as well. Hilina Enriched Foods is committed to maintain and continually enhance the quality of its products in order to meet customer requirements and maintain consumer satisfaction.
Applicable and relevant Food safety and Environmental requirements (ISO 22000:2018, ISO 14001:2015), including national, international, statutory, regulatory, compliance obligations, and mutually agreed requirements are conformed through the joint effort, full participation and strong commitment of the management, employees and other interested parties concerned.
Hilina Enriched Foods ensure effective internal and external communications with interested parties on relevant food safety and environmental issues.
In order to achieve and maintain the policy, assure food safety throughout the supply chain and enhance environmental performance in the life cycle; Hilina Enriched Foods remains committed to:
- Continually review food safety and environmental policies, standards and procedures to effectively manage/minimize food safety and environmental risks associated with changes in products, processes and technologies, product storage and consumer guidelines and also use opportunities to improve performance.
- Ensure the continuing suitability, adequacy, effectiveness and continual improvement of the Food Safety and Environmental Management Systems, & support it by measurable objectives,
- Address the need to ensure knowledge and skill of employees to upgrade competencies related to Food Safety and Environment through training, awareness, availing information and thorough communication.
- Ensure the sustainable, efficient and effective allocation and utilization of water, energy, raw materials, and other resources;
- Implement cleaner production and feasible best available technology to prevent, reduce, reuse, recycle, and treat pollutants and wastes;
- Set up preparedness and response to emergency situations and accidents
- Maintain and continually improve the established, implemented and documented systems in all of the company’s operations to fulfill and exceed the needs and expectations of relevant interested parties.
Accordingly, the policy is easily understood, communicated, implemented, and maintained at all levels of the organization. It will be revised and updated on yearly basis and it is available to interested parties as needed.